2nd Annual Brain Awareness Fair
Thursday, March 13th, 2014 3:30-6:30 PM
Annenberg West Lobby
Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai 1468 Madison Avenue
Kids and adults, come join us for an afternoon of facts and fun as we celebrate Brain Awareness Week!
Students: learn helmet safety as you participate in an egg drop demonstration, color your own brain hat, use a microscope to look at real neurons, test your knowledge of brain facts, and see real animal brains!
Adults: meet the experts and learn the truth about common brain myths, learn about brain diseases such as Alzheimer’s, and see real brains.
Please see below and here for more information
National Brain Awareness Week 2014
The Friedman Brain Institute at Mount Sinai is deeply committed to promoting brain health by sharing our expertise with our partners everywhere. In celebration of Brain Awareness Week, the Sinai Neuroscience Outreach Program (SNOP) will host its second annual Brain Awareness Fair for elementary, middle, and high school students and their parents.
Save the Date:
National Brain Awareness Week 2014: March 10-16, 2014
Brain Awareness Fair
Brain Awareness Week is a global campaign created to promote public awareness of brain research. The Sinai Neuroscience Outreach Program (SNOP) will host its second annual Brain Awareness Fair for elementary, middle, and high school students and their parents, on Thursday, March 13. Attendees will learn about the taste/smell connection, hold real animal brains, make their own brain hats, and much more. Icahn School of Medicine at Mount Sinai faculty will be on hand to answer questions and dispel myths about Autism, Alzheimer’s disease, drug abuse and addiction, and memory and cognition.
The Brain Awareness Fair runs from 3:30 to 6:30 pm at the Mount Sinai Medical Center (1468 Madison Avenue, at 100th St.) in the Annenberg West Lobby.
Participating faculty members will include:
- Dr. Benjamin Angarita, Resident, Department of Psychiatry
- Dr. Mark Baxter, Professor of Neuroscience, Anesthesiology, and Geriatrics and Palliative Medicine
- Dr. Paula Croxson, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Neuroscience
- Dr. Miguel Gama Sosa, Associate Professor of Psychiatry
- Dr. Yasmin Hurd, Professor of Psychiatry, Pharmacology and Systems Therapeutics and Neuroscience
- Dr. Mercedes Perez, Fellow, Mental Illness Research, Education, and Clinical Center James J. Peters VA Medical Center and Department of Psychiatry
- Dr. Ting Wang, Assistant Professor of Psychiatry and Neuroscience